If you're looking for natural knee pain relief from a chiropractor in Chesapeake, VA, you're welcome to receive chiropractic care at Atlantic Chiropractic and Rehabilitation. We see active youths, young adults, seniors, and athletes experiencing sudden pain from acute injuries or chronic pain from degenerative conditions. Using cutting edge technology and equipment, we're able to accurately diagnose your condition before tailoring a treatment plan to eliminate the pain and restore knee functions.
Anatomy of the Knee
The knee is a hinge joint featuring the knee cap (patella), thighbone (femur), shinbone (tibia), and connecting joints. The muscles, tendons, ligaments, bursae, and cartilage protect these bony structures, keep the knee strong and stable, and allow repetitive movements such as walking, running, or stair climbing.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Being overweight, vertebral misalignment, physical imbalances due to the shape of the feet, and sports or overuse injuries commonly cause pain. Common knee conditions our chiropractor can help treat are as follows:
- Knee tendinitis
- IT Band Syndrome
- Knee joint dislocation
- Tendon tear or ligament sprain
- Dislocated, broken, or fractured kneecap
- Inflammation disorders such as gout, bursitis, and osteoarthritis
Typical Pain Symptoms
A sharp, dull, or throbbing pain may occur inside the knee or around the knee cap which may worsen when you put pressure on the knee. Depending on the root cause of your pain, you may also experience swelling, tenderness, stiffness, and decreased range of motion. Some patients hear a clicking sound or feel a grinding sensation when they bend or extend the knee. The knee may lock, buckle, or give way if it is unstable or weak.
Knee Pain Treatment by Our Chesapeake, VA, Chiropractor
Your drug-free treatment plan may feature chiropractic adjustments along with rehabilitative therapies designed to provide holistic healing. Nutritional counseling and lifestyle advice are also offered to restore balance and prevent recurrent pain.
- Knee Adjustment: Knee dislocations or instability can be corrected with gentle manipulation force that mobilizes and realigns the surrounding structures. Adjustments also alleviate pain and increase mobility.
- Spinal Adjustment: Dr. Santjer may use manual manipulation or the Activator Method to realign the vertebrae. Restoring the integrity of the spine improves physical balance and takes excess pressure off the knee.
- Rehabilitative Therapies: Massage therapy and corrective exercises are complementary methods that promote healing, repair, and strengthening of the connective tissue.
- Custom Orthotics: If your pain stems from imbalances related to the feet, we may also prescribe customized orthotics to improve your posture and balance.
Chiropractic Care Can Provide Lasting Pain Relief
Dr. Santjer will perform a comprehensive physical and medical evaluation to determine the underlying cause of the pain and decide if chiropractic care is right for you. If you live in Chesapeake, VA, or surrounding communities feel free to visit Atlantic Chiropractic and Rehabilitation or call 757.547.4325 to book an appointment.