If you suffer from hip pain, you know it can hamper your movements and ability to sleep well. There are so many different causes for this condition that you should seek the aid of a chiropractor to get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. If you live in the Chesapeake, VA area, have your hip pain and back pain assessed by our team at Atlantic Chiropractic and Rehabilitation.
What is Causing Your Hip Pain?
Because there are so many causes of hip pain, you need to find the root cause of the pain to properly treat it. Some of the common causes of hip and back pain include:
- Osteoarthritis: This common ailment occurs when joint cartilage wears down and causes pain. Most times this is caused by normal wear and tear.
- Bursitis: This is caused when the Bursa, which is the cushion material in your joints, becomes inflamed, which leads to pain with each movement.
- Muscle Strain: Odd or improper movements can cause muscle strain and pain. It is most common in athletes and active individuals.
- Overuse: Repetitive motions can lead to overuse and cause hip pain in one or both hips.
Chiropractic Treatment for Hip Pain:
Chiropractic care is effective in treating a wide range of hip pain issues. Chiropractors utilize non-invasive treatments to help strengthen the hip area, reduce pain, and improve mobility. Some common treatments for hip pain and back pain include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Realigning the spine can reduce the pressure that is putting a strain on the hips. Regular adjustments can keep the area properly aligned and help increase mobility.
- Exercises: Most physicians and chiropractors will suggest starting an exercise program to strengthen the muscles around your hips.
- Stretches: Stretching on its own or before exercise can aid in mobility. It can warm up the muscles and prepare your muscles for exercise to reduce the possibility of sprains and pulls
Chiropractor in Chesapeake, VA
At Atlantic Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, our chiropractor has years of experience providing hip pain and back pain relief to residents of Chesapeake, VA, and the surrounding areas. When you first visit our clinic, our chiropractor will examine your musculoskeletal system and create a chiropractic care plan tailored to your needs. For more information about hip pain, back pain, or to schedule an appointment, call us at (757) 547-4325.