Chiropractic Care for Young Athletes from Our Pediatric Chiropractor in Chesapeake
Does your child have a sports injury that’s holding them back? Do you want to help your young athlete avoid injury and imbalance? Chiropractic care is a wellness approach that involves the whole body – and its whole future. Our pediatric chiropractor in Chesapeake, Dr. Santjer, knows that young athletes face unique stresses and risks, and they need properly nourished, properly balanced bodies to avoid injury and maximize their performance. That’s why our whole team is committed to helping young athletes with thorough, customized chiropractic care.
If you have a child in youth sports, they may benefit from a pediatric chiropractor. Here’s what you need to know about our treatment and wellness plans for youth athletes:
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Kids
Chiropractic care is an all-natural wellness approach, promoting balance and healing throughout the whole body. But why choose chiropractic care for children in sports? Here are some of the benefits of spinal adjustments, massage therapy, and other chiropractic services for young athletes:
- Helps athletes stay fit and strong
- Reduces the long-term consequences of stress and high impact
- Prevents future sports injuries (both repetitive and acute) by keeping joints aligned and tissue properly supported
- Improves range of motion by preventing stiff muscles and poorly aligned joints
- Treats current sports injuries, including misalignment and tissue tears that prevent proper healing
- Doesn’t come with side effects or recovery time, unlike pharmaceuticals and invasive procedures
Whether or not your child has a specific problem with their back or neck, they may still reap the benefits of chiropractic care.
Preventing and Treating Youth Sports Injuries
Injuries can derail any athlete, but children are still growing, and it’s especially important to correct issues like inflammation or misalignment before they cause long-term problems. It’s even better to prevent them in the first place – by making sure kids have strong, properly supported musculoskeletal systems. That’s why we make sure young athletes are healing properly after sports injuries and reducing risks of future injuries.
Our chiropractor is committed to the prevention and treatment of youth sports injuries, including these common injuries:
- Tension headaches caused by head or neck tension and stress
- Leg injuries, including sprained or strained ankles and knees
- Shoulder pain, often caused by tension or stress in the upper body
- Spinal misalignment
- Tissue tears
Therapeutic Exercises and Stretches
Whether your child needs to heal from an injury or stay fit for the future, their chiropractic regimen may involve healing exercises and stretches. These therapeutic movements are crucial for loosening tense muscle and allowing joints to work properly. Our chiropractic team will help your child learn exactly how to condition their body for maximum performance and wellness.
Contact Our Atlantic Chiropractic and Rehabilitation in Chesapeake, VA Today!
Does your athletic child need a pediatric chiropractor in Chesapeake? Put their wellness first and schedule a consultation today. Call (757) 547-4325 today to schedule an appointment at Atlantic Chiropractic and Rehabilitation.